Friday, October 30, 2015

Krystle's Review for Taking Connor by B N Toler ~~ 5 Stars!!~~


 
 
 
 
There’s a stereotype for how a convicted felon appears to the public.

Connor Stevens fit that bill.

His reputation preceded him. With a hard body and vivid tattoos dispersed across his flesh, he certainly drew the judgmental eyes of conservative tight-asses. Even I had those same thoughts…regardless of how highly Blake spoke of him.

But those opinions were about to be challenged.

I’d promised to pick Connor up from prison—where he’d served eight years for manslaughter. When Blake passed away, I had every intention of honoring our agreement. Taking Connor home would be my ultimate show of gratitude. Blake never disclosed why Connor killed a man, and I never had the guts to ask. Ever daunted, and against my better judgment, I soon grew to feel close to Connor, in spite of how perverse it was. Still, I vowed to brush off those feelings at all costs.

At least I thought I would. Until all hell broke loose…

Diving head-first, I relished in the time spent in Connor’s damnation. But when he was thrust into hell, it didn’t matter how wrong it was to love him. It was immaterial what he’d done…or why. I came out swinging and clawing, and submerged into the inferno with him, refusing to leave until we both walked out hand in hand. My instinct was to fight.

Connor wouldn’t burn alone.

I would save him.

Or turn to ash right beside him.
 
 
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27270312-taking-connor
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
5 Book Rating!
Another great book by B N Toler!

This book has it all. Second chances, romance, mystery, surprises, comedy. You name it, this author can write it. Her books make you feel...all the feels. Also, having known her and talked with her quite a bit, her personality really shines through with her characters. I love that about her writing.


So in this book, you have your lead heroine Demi on her way to pick up the mysterious Connor Stevens, her late husbands older cousin, who's just happened to be in prison for the last 8 years...because he killed a man. Since her husband never divulged any of Connor's details before his passing, Demi doesn't know the entire story as to why Connor's been locked away. All she knows is that she is going to fulfill her husbands wishes, and get Connor back on his feet.

...which means he's also going to be staying in the apartment above the garage...at her house...did I mention Connor Stevens is one hot S.O.B. that has tats, muscles, and rides a Harley. He's basically the starter kit for who your parents would have an absolute FIT over, if they found out you were dating. It's a good thing Demi and Connor don't have any romantic feelings what-so-ever for one another then, huh ? Okay, maybe they do??? Or, maybe a lot??!!!? Ha, I mean come on, this is a romance :)

I think the story was great, I was blindsided by a few things, especially towards the end. There was a time there where I wanted to smash my Kindle into a bazillion pieces but after I read a bit more and everything fell into place, I was happy again. Connor and Demi's chemistry was fantastic. I highlighted so many scenes between the two of them on my kindle because their banter cracked me up. I sooooo want a Connor of my own. I also wanted to punch Demi's mother in the throat, that's for sure, and I fell in love with Demi's sister Lexi. I'd love to read her story sometime soon (wink, wink) I think she and Dusty have a whole lot of something hot going on. I'd even be happy if Roxy had her own story!!

5 GIANT stars from me!









B N Toler lives in Virginia. When she's not reading and writing, she's thinking about reading and writing. Before she became a self-proclaimed writer, she worked as a real estate agent and as an orthodontic technician. **She will notice your teeth before your eyes or hair or anything.**
She enjoys shopping (way too much) and is on a first name basis with several employees at the local Target in her town.
She loves music,(bluegrass, country, 80's, actually she loves most music ~her favorite song is American Pie by Don McLean and she worships anything that is Elvis and Johnny Cash and Eric Church) dancing, (even though she sucks at it)reading, writing, eating (too much) sleeping late, (which she rarely gets to do) and laughing. If you can make her laugh, she will love you forever.
Random and insignificant facts:
She is addicted to Coca Cola
She hates onions
She loves thunderstorms
She wants to have Karen Marie Moning's babies
She curses....a lot...like way too much
She's immensely afraid of snakes
She fangirls over M.Pierce
She HATES reality television
She loves books and movies that make her cry
She cries over anything remotely sad
She LOVES Jack Daniels and Ginger Ale. (too much)
She hopes she hasn't bored you to death.




No comments:

Post a Comment