Friday, April 22, 2016

Krystle's Thoughts - Desperately Seeking Epic by B N Toler - 5 Stars- Loved it!

28943693




 

 
Paul James loved Clara Bateman.
Hating her would have been easier.
She was the past, and he was hell-bent on keeping her there.
Or so he thought...

Craigslist Ad: DESPERATELY SEEKING EPIC

You’re my father.
I don’t know much about you. I know your name is Paul James, you’re a thrill seeker, and once upon a time you did stunts and people called you ‘Epic.’
I’ve been told you don’t know about me. That it’s complicated.
But for me it’s simple.
Here’s the thing: I’m twelve years old…and I’m dying.
And as much as this could crush my mother, I have to meet you before I go.
In time, I’m sure she’ll understand. She’s still in love with you.
So, Epic, if you read this, please come back. You don’t have to be my dad. You don’t even have to tell me you love me or you’re sorry. Just come see me.

Patiently waiting, but running out of time,

Neena
 
 
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28943693-desperately-seeking-epic



 
 
So once again...this author has made me cry.

Ugly cry, but, a good ugly cry.

I love her books. Absolutely, positively, ADORE what this woman writes.

When you read books by B N Toler, it's like her words seep into your soul, enter your heart and squeeze it until you feel every emotion possible. This is all in a good way, btw.

Epic is a special book. A little girl – who's dying – has never met her father, and desperately needs this last thing before she goes. It's heart wrenching and beautiful. Despite it's somber tone of a dying child who wants her wishes fulfilled before she goes, this book has a lot of humor with laugh-out-loud moments. It's characters were great; each of them were well-written, I loved them all. As I was reading, I could envision it all in my mind like I was watching a movie. Hell, this book needs to be turned into a movie. It'd make for one hell of a chick flick for girlfriends, mothers and daughters, or sisters to go see. And I think it'd be a box office hit.

Way to write another fantastic book that sends a GREAT message to its readers Ms. Toler!
5 HUGE stars from this reader!



5 Book Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment