Monday, July 1, 2013

Review by Krystle : "Entwined with You" by Sylvia Day


Well, since I am working on my endless to-read pile of books, I didn't have a hard time waiting for this book to come out.... Although now I can't wait for the next book “Captivated by You”! I'm in love with Gideon, what can I say? He's melted my heart..

The chemistry he and Eva have with each other is something I think we all either have/wish we had with the loves of our lives. If not, then that's how it should be.


-They're truthful with each other thru out the book, it didn't have a lot of “leave you in the dark/ cliffhanger moments” and if it did it didn't take long for Ms. Day explain what was going on. Unlike some other books that go on and on with the drama while you pound your fist in the couch cushion waiting for some sort of resolve...


- They talk about everything with each other, something every couple needs to survive.


- The sex life that they have is O.M.G. . . I'm completely jealous over it. Pretty sure this book alone had double the sex than the previous books had lol!


I know it's not fair to ask you to be with me” – his head tilted back – “when we can't even sleep in the same bed, but I'll love you better than anyone else could. I'll take care of you and make you happy, I know I can.” Gideon Cross



I melted.


______________________________________________



There are a lot of certain things that I want to share in this review but I don't want to spoil anything too major for anyone. I do hope that people give it a chance to read and fall in love with it as I have. I know a lot of people are bummed out that this series started out as a trilogy and is now going to be 5 books total.. I swear I could be a part of one of those AA groups for people who fall in love with fictional characters and never want their stories to end. . . .

I really like Eva's character as a whole. She's strong, built to succeed in anything she sets her mind to, carefree to a certain degree, and smart. I love her wit that she has about her, I kind of get the feeling that after reading how she handles some heated situations with people she couldn't give a rats ass about, that I could be like that in a similar setting if need be. We've all been in one of those situations where someone will say something to you, it escalates into something nasty for a minute or two, and after it's over you come up with the perfect thing to say right back at them. Yeah well I need to learn how to be more like this chick when that happens again, because she has some spunk.

Also a lot of other women who have a rich and powerful man in their lives would love nothing more than to just sit around eating bonbons or chewing gum all day without a care in the world. Not Eva, this girl is like the energizer bunny. Juggling everything in her life, while maintaining a full- time job, her Krav-Maga classes, etc.. Hopefully she'll stay this way in the coming books.

I do feel bad for Eva's dad, the man loves an unobtainable woman... The only thing she will ever love will be money followed closely herself. Sad way to live. :( She and Eva have a difficult time with each other in this book. Trust is a H-U-G-E thing with Eva, so glad that she and Gideon didn't that issue. That can get really old with the, “What did I do wrong this time, What did I do wrong this time again, etc..” LOL!

Oh poor poor Cary, still torn between choosing over Tatiana and Trey. I seriously hope that he chooses Trey over that snarky B***, altho the author has made some interesting changes in all of their lives thru the pages of Entwined...

I thought it was great that this booked picked up right where “Reflected in You” left off. And that it ended without a, “Why, What, or Huh?” cliffhanger kind of moment, makes it easy to wait on book 4 knowing that it had a happy ending.


The plot thickens...


Alsooooo, seems we have some mystery with some of the characters. Or maybe it's just me thinking too much into them...? Megumi mysteriously calls in sick for 3 days at the end of the book and she's impossible for Eva to get a hold of so she can see if she's alright. That just seems fishy to me. Also, Will, just seems to sort of show up wanting to go to lunch with Eva a lot. Wonder if he's truly being friendly and just wanting someone to sit thru lunch with him, or if he's working on another agenda?? Do they have something to do with a certain article of jewelry that ended up somewhere it wasn't supposed to be? Or could it be Cross's brother? Maybe even the nosy reporter Deanna?? I could just be watching/reading too many mystery movies/shows/books and they have me thinking too much into it all, LOL!












2 comments:

  1. Hi Krystle!

    I am not sure if it was you or blogger friend that left a comment on my goodreads profile, but either way, I wanted to stop by and say hello! I am now following your blog as well as "liked" your facebook page and twitter.

    I am absolutely in love with the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day! What a great review and I couldn't agree with you more. The chemistry between Gideon and Eva is electric and Gideon is the type of man that women can only dream of having, that one person that would do anything to keep you safe. So hot! And you are right, I really hope people stop complaining and give the rest of the series a shot. I know some people didn't realize that the series got expanded to 5 books instead of 3. Hey, I would have freaked out too if I thought book 3 was it. But lucky for me, I was on Day's website and learned about the extension of the series a few weeks before the release of Entwined With You. I just hope we don't have to wait a year for the next book!

    Anyway, I also have a blog which you may or may not know. Feel free to stop by sometime. I'll have a new book review posted on Wednesday. Just finished reading this erotic romance called The Silver Chain by Primula Bond. I didn't like it at all! It had a few redeeming qualities but I had so many issues with that book! So if you should come across it, you may want to avoid it! I'll try to remember to send you a link of my review of it on Wednesday.

    Yikes! Sorry for my long comment! Thanks again and I hope we keep in touch!

    Best Wishes,
    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad love this series as much as I do ! And I would like to see people stop complaining about it, so she's going to write 2 more books. Blah, big deal?!.. LOL! Thanks for stopping by and "liking" us! I did the same back to you :) !

    ReplyDelete