Saturday, October 19, 2013

Review by Sky: Loving Your Lies by Piper Shelly



 
Loving Your Lies
by Piper Shelly

"
But what’s Julian got to do with all of this? About my age, he’s too young to be my mother’s lover. So why doesn’t he leave her side? Ever. He’s different, as in the paranormal kind of different, but he’s sa-woon-worthy gorgeous. He obviously has secrets, but he’s also get-under-my-skin charming. In short, he’s a riddle to me. But he likes me, and that’s scaring the shit out of me. I sure won’t let anyone come too close."



I absolutely cannot spoil what the paranormality of this story is based on, it would SO give away the fun of the endless guessing, “Just who the hell is JULIAN?! THIS BLUE EYED freakin’ beauty who has the touch of magic and hot greatness?!” --as said by me, countless times T_T *fans self*

A hint for some of you who know me, it’s my favorite genre, just put it that way, LOL.

As you can see, I was totally gripped by this story. I was on the edge of my seat with suspense, turning page after page, laughing, snorting even face palming at certain points. Not a slow moment goes by and this story is so strongly written, that there really is nothing for me to complain about—AT ALL—
I have a soft spot for orphaned heroines, always will.  Though not completely orphaned, rather, put in a foster home at a young age by her own mother who chose an abusive boyfriend over her own daughter is, Jona; who to me, was the perfect heroine.

Jona is not full of herself, she knows where she came from. She gets into a LOT of trouble, and she’s got quite the snarky mouth and is always finding herself in the local police department, so much that they know her by NAME! (LOL!) I totally get it though; I don’t blame her for her attitude.  She tries so hard to be tough on the exterior, but inside, she’s just as broken as the next abused/neglected child, but she won’t for one second let that softness show. Much respect.
Funnily enough, she’s made friends with one of the officers. He’s got a good head on his shoulders and tries so hard to keep Jona grounded-- he’s so protective of her, it makes me so happy that I can’t help but smile. I love it, because,  after all the bad stuff she goes through as a child, there’s one person in the world she can fully trust. It’s a completely platonic thing between them, which is nice because ultimately, there is no real love triangle going on, which betters focuses on the story that’s to come later.

Well, the story begins with the one last troubled incident that Jona got herself into and  is the last straw for her, no more free out of trouble cards--  The county judge has put his foot down and has demanded that she put in some time for community service…but in a totally different country… with her mother… in France. *shifty eyes*
Turning to face the crowd in the courtroom, she sees her mother , back in town and is severely ill with not much time left… And a seriously gorgeous, young, blue eyed boy who… ew… cannot stop touching her mother!

As you read on, you’ll begin to question as well, just who is Julian…There’s definitely something strange in the way his touch on your skin melts you into a state of peace and tranquility.
Anyhoo, --trying so hard not to spoil anything, I am already raving enough, this may be the longest review I’ve done LOL—
Jona begins to see that the relationship between her mother and him, is stranger than she could think. What is this old hag doing with someone close to her age?!?!

I love how Julian is just as snarky, he’s sexy in an enigmatic, sleek way that you may be finding yourself even dreaming of him at night.
The romance that builds from here takes time, just like love you would find outside of the fictional world. Jona begins to see that it’s okay to soften, that it’s okay to forgive her mother and let people in. She’s fallen in adoration for the house maids and everyone else, that she even begins to let Julian in… A beautiful friendship is bonded, and then so much more to come between them.
But, my dear friends, this story will explode the closer you get to the ending, SO much more exciting! There was NO way I was going to put this book down!!
  I am such a huge fan of this author now, that I will have to buy every book of hers now, just to be wrapped up in her style of writing for days to come; to be lost in fictional world that feels so real, is truly a pleasure.

GET YOUR COPY TODAYYYYYY! (E-BOOK AND PRINT!)

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1482082632?ie=UTF8&tag=httpwwwgoodco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1482082632&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2

Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/loving-your-lies-piper-shelly/1115340665?ean=2940044521773


 

No comments:

Post a Comment