Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Krystle's Review - Reaver by Larissa Ione




Reaver
Larissa Ione

Blurb-

WARRIOR OF HEAVEN

Reaver is an angel with a past, a record, and a less-than-heavenly attitude. Powerful enough to fight alongside the fiercest battle angels-and crazy enough to risk his wings on a one-way mission to hell-he's agreed to go where no angel has ever gone before...to steal the most seductive and dangerous prize of Satan himself.

ANGEL OF HELL

Harvester is one of the Fallen, a once-heroic angel who sacrificed her wings to work as an undercover agent in hell. But now her cover has been blown, and she's been doomed to an eternity of agonizing torture. Even if Reaver can snatch her away from Satan's lair, even if they can fight their way out of the underworld's darkest depths, there is one thing Harvester can never escape-her newfound thirst for an angel's blood...


_____________________________________________________

 
Oooooo-kay. All I want to do is go outside and scream, “ I LOVE THIS BOOK!!”




This book, is exactly how it should be. I have been waiting forever for Reaver and Harvester to get together! Soon as I found out that it was in the works I was ecstatic, but then I had to wait for it to be published...and that was like...torture! BUT, once I was able to get my hands on it, it was so worth the wait, haha!



Verrine,” he whispered. “I want you. Damn . . . I remember you.” – Reaver to Harvester.



I should have had a refresher course before I read this one, since it's been a year that I read Rogue Rider. Took me a minute to remember all of the secondary characters – Archangels/Fallen Angels – but then it all came together. I'm excited about getting to know Revenant a little bit more in the next book. Hopefully he and Reaver will be able to, kinda-sorta work things out.



I loved the flashbacks that Reaver and Harvester would have for back when they were Verrine and Yenrieth. But what Yenrieth said to Verrine, on what she thought was the best day of her life, ughhh, my heart broke for her! Although, I can understand why he would say it to her, seeing that she did keep a huge secret from him, but he didn't need to go as far as he did.

Even after all she endured from him, she still went thru with her oath and watched over his children as if they were her own. That. Is. Love.



As always, I was so glad to see returning characters. That's what makes this series so great, you're connected with ALL of the characters, whether they're evil, or good! Even though the book focuses on two main characters, it always breaks off so you can see what everyone else is up to as well. That's what makes this my favorite series. I'm quite certain, after reading this book, that Harvester/Verrine is my favorite female out of the whole Demonica/LoD Series. I love her attitude and spunk, she's so bad-ass! I was especially glad to see that she didn't change at all after a certain...life-changing-event she underwent.



I could go on and on and have a huge love-fest for the book, but I'd reveal too much, so I'm not going to do that. All I can say is READ IT!!




Anytime Sheoul is mentioned, and how it's described, I always picture it as a certain Zone from an Online Game I play. Shard of Fear – from Everquest 2 .. It just seems sort of perfect with the red atmosphere, demons, structures, and even a Harrowgate. (Pictures Below)
 
 

 

Maybe a Harrowgate? :)






Add this book to your TBR-List

Goodreads


Connect with the author!


Facebook / Twitter / Website

 

 ...Is Rev's book out yet??? =P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment