Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Sky's Review: The Last Challenge by Sharon Karaa

The Last Challenge by Sharon Karra (Book 1 of the "Northern Witches" series)

BLURB: I thought I was normal, I really did, aside from the fact I had a penchant for naming the many facets of my personality. I was unlucky, I’ll grant you, but other than that, just your average twenty-five year old virgin. 
Then my long dead ancestor turned up with a four-hundred year appetite, a passion for G-strings, and a scorching hot, male witch in tow. 
Throw in an unadulterated bitch of a familiar, three spirits baying for my blood, a six inch tall Geordie man, and my best friend Selina, and before you could say “bubble, bubble” I was strapped onto the front of the roller coaster of my life, heading straight to Hell in a hand basket. 
And the brakes were shot to pieces…




Sky's Thoughts: 
 I read this during the Halloween season and it pretty much set the tone of the entire month for me with a  perfect dose of adventure, romance, and a supernatural adventure to indulge on! 
Oh, where to begin? Not sure where to start on why I loved this book so much, but what I can easily divulge is that this was a non-stop, hilarious read! 
Every character has their own lovable quirks and just about jump right off the page with such brilliant personalities. The author has a wonderful sense of humor and it shines throughout the plot. Lauren is our main character and she lives a happily, normal life until one day her hilarious, dirty-mouthed, four-hundred year old grandmother in the form of a spirit, Agnes, comes out of nowhere to be the bearer of horrifying news . . . Lauren is a witch and her help is very much needed as the families curse needs to be ended. I’ll let Agnes tell you all the trouble she’s in, worth the reading and laughs!
Now that Lauren is learning to cope with the discovery of her roots and the practice that goes along with it, her life has completely changed in the blink of an eye. She has; a tiny, cursing familiar; a swoon-worthy, long-legged guardian named Daniel; and a best friend who happily sticks with her through the thick of this interesting turn in her life. On top of all the laughs I had, there were many a times when Daniel had me wishing I were the one in the page getting his attention. Him and Lauren together once she got over the awkwardness of the situation, definitely was spicy! Days after reading this, it has still stuck with me and I am definitely telling all my friends about this! I hope to see more of these characters again one day, and especially more Agnes—that old spirit never gives a dull moment!! 



Find Sharon Karaa online!


Facebook:
 https://www.facebook.com/authorsharonkaraa

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sharon-Karaa/e/B00L4H8FGY/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1418718220&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment